Thursday, February 25, 2010

Overall, I have no clue as to which development will have the most influence. However, the possiblity of the death of the newspaper would be tragic for me. It starts my day -- a video format (I don't even turn on the TV in the morning) cannot cover all the news a newspaper does and it is hard to scan!

My kids say I live in the past and they are probably right. I adopt to new technology "kicking and screaming". I finally bought an HDTV the past month but it took years to convince me to buy it. One "new" technology I do like is the GPS. We used one on a trip to Florida this past Christmas and it was wonderful. Now only did it get you where you wanted to go, it also entertained you. We especially like the Daniel voice, a wonderful British gentleman!

I have two outdated technologies that are my favorites. Number one would be the Fax machine. Back in the early and mid 90's when I was doing the scheduling of workshops for a national youth gathering, the Fax machine put me in touch with the world and delivered the materials I needed quickly and easily (for then). The other outdated technology I liked is the VHS format. Just pop it in the machine and it goes --- no menus, no choices to make. Just sit back and watch.

No comments: